If you want to get your film financed but don’t know where to start, this four-part course breaks it all down into the streamlined, practical steps needed to put the pieces together in the current marketplace.
REGISTER NOW FOR JUST $299!
PLUS get 3 months of Film Specific membership complimentary (an additional $100 value)
The Project Accelerator examines the mechanics of the current marketplace and finance models and looks at innovative tactics and strategies filmmakers are using to get their films made.
Whether you’re a new writer or director looking for a producer who can guide the project’s packaging and financing or a producer without a long line of credits yet who needs to partner with other producers to leverage their experience, the Project Accelerator explores the different paths a writer vs a director vs a producer need to take to consistently move their projects towards production.
How it Works
The Project Accelerator is delivered over four weeks starting August 21. We'll be releasing one module per week. All modules are pre-recorded. You can complete the course in real time or go at your own pace.
Module 1 | INTRO + CURRENT MARKET EXPECTATIONS
An overview of what's currently happening in feature film financing in a marketplace that’s changing at lighting speed.
- Lay of the land and current market for feature films
- What if you’re newer writer, director, or producer pitching your script, what should you expect?
- What’s the current economic model for feature films - how do you make money?
Module 2 | OPTIMIZING PRESENTATION
Writers have specific steps to take. So do directors and producers. All of them are different depending on your role and where you are in your career, your network, etc. There are specific presentation strategies for each. We’ll dissect what you need to do and when to consistently keep building towards getting financed and into production.
- Is your script ready to submit
- Project specific presentation
- Where/how are you presenting your project - managers, producers, talent, financing partners
Module 3 | STRATEGIC PACKAGING
What does it take to set up a film or seal the deal with financiers? We'll look at the tried-and-true as well as creative ways those at the beginning stages of their career have used to push their projects forward by skirting the system.
- Going direct to talent vs. hiring producers vs. casting directors
- Making deals with talent yourself
- Optioning your script for someone else to package
Module 4 | GETTING FINANCED
An overview of how film financing is working right now - from financing models to potential deal structures and expectations for the completed film.
- Current financing models (and a few alternatives)
- Possible deal structures w/financiers and producing partners
- The role of sales agents and distributors in financing
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED?
As part of the Project Accelerator you'll also receive:
- 3 months of complimentary Film Specific membership (value: $100)
- Private course forum to get your questions answered and specific guidance on your projects
- Online classroom
- MP3 downloads of all training
Ready to Register?
REGISTER NOW FOR JUST $299
PLUS get 3 months of Film Specific membership complimentary (a $100 value)
About the Instructor
Stacey Parks is the founder of FilmSpecific.com. She has over 16 years experience in independent film as a sales agent, producer, and consultant for independent filmmakers. Stacey is also the author of "The Insider's Guide to Independent Film Distribution" (2012 Focal Press), now in its second edition and considered to be an essential handbook for independent filmmakers seeking production and distribution insight for their films. Stacey is the Executive Producer of the films Fits & Starts (released in December 2017) and Lost In France (released in 2019 and starring David Wain, Michaela Watkins and Matt Walsh), both distributed by The Orchard. She is the producer of the upcoming Miss Virginia (starring Uzo Aduba). She is also the co-creator and producer of The Upgrade, a 32-part digital docuseries for Bravo that aired on BravoTV.com in 2017. She currently has several scripted series in active development, set up with major production partners in both the US and UK and recently completed production on a docuseries pilot for Spanish studio MediaPro, on which she serves as creator and Executive Producer.