How we work with clients
We'll begin our engagement getting into the nuts and bolts of your project...
- Read script and review any other materials including directors work
- Review business plan and advise on any updates/changes
- Review project budget and advise
- Review current team and production plan and advise on any additions
- Brainstorm talent lists for leads and prioritize based on salability and begin outreach.
- Advise on finance strategies and international co-production or co-finance opportunities
- Advise on presentation for outreach to international sales/co-pro partners
Once the strategy is in place we'll begin outreach on your behalf to introduce the project to talent and international sales, financing and/or production partners.
- Contacting talent reps on your behalf to get your script into the hands of directors and actors
- Conduct outreach to our trusted network of international sales agents and co-production partners, presenting your project on your behalf, and helping to negotiate any early stage deals
** Please be advised we will not be fundraising on your behalf, introducing your project to private financiers or securing private equity. This consultancy is purely intended for those seeking to introduce their projects to talent and the international marketplace and possible market-based finance sources.
Minimum engagements of 3 months start at $5,000. We work with qualified projects by application only.
About Stacey Parks
Stacey Parks has over 16 years experience in independent film as a sales agent, producer, and consultant for independent filmmakers. As a former foreign sales agent she's sold hundreds of films worldwide. As a consultant, Stacey advises on all aspects of finance, distribution, and marketing for her clients' films including providing strategic guidance on finance and distribution plans, serving as a EP, sourcing finance, packaging for pre-sales, audience-engagement campaigns, and facilitating distribution for finished films. Her clients include Sundance, Cannes, Berlin, and Toronto award-winning filmmakers and producers who have successfully secured studio and mini-major distribution for their films.
Stacey has Executive Produced or Produced several feature films including the 2017 SXSW Premiere FITS & STARTS, the upcoming UNDER THE EIFFEL TOWER (2019), distributed by The Orchard and starring David Wain, Matt Walsh, and Michaela Watkins, and the upcoming MISS VIRGINIA, starring Uzo Aduba. She has also produced THE UPGRADE (2017), a 32-part original digital series for BravoTV.com. For additional credits please visit IMDB.
Stacey has conducted extensive lectures and workshops on film distribution, finance and marketing for the British Film Institute, the American Film Market, the South Australia Film Corporation, the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), FilmArc for FilmPool Nord, UCLA, Women In Film, Berlin Film Festival and the Raindance Film Festival. Stacey has also spoken on or led panels at the Cannes Film Festival, the American Film Market, and Slamdance, and for organizations including the Producers Guild of America, NALIP, Women in Film, and the Alliance of Women Directors, among others. Additionally, Stacey has been profiled or interviewed in MovieMaker Magazine, Student Filmmakers Magazine, The Christian Science Monitor and the Los Angeles Business Journal.